Great to see you here! :-)))

My photo
Dentist- Mother- Home maker. And, I enjoy juggling all that comes in between playing these roles to perfection :)
Writing is a joy. Unabashed and unadulterated!
































Monday, January 11, 2016

Growing up with Anay

As happy and excited 'would-be' parents we would often talk about how our lives would change forever and for good after the arrival of our first baby. About how his or her presence would influence our every plan, decision and more so our lives in a million ways. Its been four months since we welcomed our handsome baby boy Anay into our world. As a mother, every single minute of these four months, Anay & I have been around each other. I sometimes wonder what he must be thinking of me??!! As to why this lady just never seems to vanish! ;-)

There I was, not very long ago, holding a newborn in my arms, cuddling and smiling as Abhijit took some candid first few pics of the mother-son duo, answering and replying to umpteen wishes from relatives, friends and acquaintances and simultaneously navigating a new reality :)

The first month seemed the longest. And the toughest. If Anay could comprehend and express then, am sure he would  agree to this. It was as though the two of us were suddenly thrown onto a speeding boat and were asked to take charge. We were sort of strangers. He knew nothing about me. And I could only guess things about his needs.  Life revolved only around feeds, burps, sleep and poops. Both his and mine. Nothing on earth seemed more important than that precious burp from a happy tummy. And nothing could ever be worse than the horrendous infant colic. We lost track of the world this month. Atleast I did!

As he raced towards his second month, I only wished he learnt to burp on his own. He was growing fast and I just about managed to keep pace with his wit, skills and demands. This month he started to coo and smirk. For any mother, this is an experience. And what a marvellous one! My day& night cycle had gone for a toss by now. Even my cerebrum had given up. But as I type this today I realise that its prolly the only phase in life which you thoroughly, thoroughly enjoy even while you are half dead and full mad.

In no time, we were in the milestone month. Yayyy!! The smirks transformed into smiles. The 'who the hell is she' stare in to a beautiful bond. :) We actually started to have play-times. My presence genuinely brought in a shy smile on Anay's chubby face. And yes, we began to sleep more in the nights like most  other humans.

The first day anxiety of being a new mommy has tamed down. By now I have understood his biologic clock a little more. I am more prepared to take care of him. I am also more eager to spend  time with him. Anay also seems to be very very happy in the company of his stunted mother. We celebrated his fourth month birthday by bringing him a tiny rocking chair- his first level of independence.

Im still navigating a new reality. I think I will always continue to. But just that our boat is a lot more steady now. :-)

Every relationship needs time to grow. And I am living this truth of life. :)
Cheers!

No comments: