Great to see you here! :-)))

My photo
Dentist- Mother- Home maker. And, I enjoy juggling all that comes in between playing these roles to perfection :)
Writing is a joy. Unabashed and unadulterated!
































Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Strange(r) ConnectioN


A handful of people. A handful of places. Are enough to dramatize our lives through the young and old phases. We live in a confined world, we really do! And, nothing wrong with that, is also equally true! I can't possibly befriend the whole wide world! Although, i wish too!

There are, however, some characters that occupy an interesting part of your mind and memory. Like Jai and Radha of 'Sholay' ..... they barely spoke to each other, yet their bond grew :-)

Every morning my car takes a certain route to go to college and return. And what once caught my attention has now become something that i wait to see. There is this tapri or a pint-sized house of a gentleman! Gentleman, because i see him as an unpretentious old man.
I have been seeing him almost every single morning and evening for the last 2 years or so. And the same holds true with him i believe. We've never spoken to each other, i've never stopped there to eat any of the meals i see him cook, i don't even know his name! But a look at him even on the most stressful of days manages to bring a smile on my pretty face ;) Strange, isn't it? And however amusing this may sound but yes, I've always had a soft corner for the 'edentulous' ajoba's and ajji's I've known. ;)

He owns a beedi shop where he even serves hot tea and wadas to the limited crowd that visits him. I see him cut onions, i see him wash utensils on chilly mornings, i see him make and serve breakfast to people half his age, i even see him patiently wait for some customer who can add to his daily wage but, i've never so far seen the lack of enthusiasm or a hint of regret on his wrinkled face. :) He stays alone, or may be his family is far away. But this ajoba inspires me every single day!

Some do what they love, some love what they do. I don't know which of these holds true for you, but ajoba, you teach me to do what i chose/have to do with enthusiasm and honesty that will make me proud of what i do!

I will sooner or later, have a chat with him over chai and wadas.... but for now,
Cheers to this strange(r) connection.... in you i see modesty!

No comments: